Μετάβαση στο κύριο περιεχόμενο

10 LESSONS I LEARNED THROUGH THE YEARS ABOUT THE FASHION INDUSTRY THAT WILL HELP YOU GET YOUR DREAM JOB







Through the years I have been accustomed to deal with different things, both in the working environment as well as my education, my sports, my style, my friends and my habits. I love change and transition in my life cause I think it is what keeps me alive. I am around my thirties and I have gone into 6 different working environments. 
I have attended three different universities for my BA, Msc and MBA. I have get connected with many different personalities of all ages and from different cultures and social backgrounds. Concerning my sports?
 I have done ballet to horse back riding and karate to yoga. 
I love experimenting with my style that is why I have had my hair cut many times, I have made some innovative patterns on my clothes and I love combining vintage with modern accessories. Below is a list of ten fundamentals through my own experience someone has to keep in mind if he/she wishes to get involved in the fashion industry in order to get a broader sense and high aesthetic view of the world of fashion :
1. GET A PART-TIME JOB. 

Many beginners at the university during their 20s are broke. Try to get a part time job as early as possible in addition to the university. Through my own eyes, this is priceless. I used to work at Accessorize Monsoon Greece for as long as I attended college. Not only I had 70 percent discount on the acceessories but I also had human interaction, I learned many things and I had my own pocket money. Moreover, working experience is a prerequisite if someone wishes to pursue a Masters degree in a fashion college. So start NOW!
2. CREATE A BLOG AND TRY TO SOCIALIZE.

 The blogosphere is extremely crowded these days so apart from bringing forth your competitive side it can also benefit you. Try to network with other bloggers and this can drive the traffic in the first place.
3. DO NOT LIMIT YOURSELF. 

Evolving to any situation is crucial in the fast-paced fashion industry. Try to get involved with many different fields, it might be designing, styling or photography in order to figure out what you like most to dig into in the future. This is the time to find out what fascinates you most. When you learn that, it is about time to excel on it and also to reach your limits! As for me? I love fashion management, viral marketing to fashion based companies, visual merchandising,and fashion photography as a sport.
4. EDIT YOUR WORK.

 Whether it is business of blogging, photography, or styling, it is important to only put out work that you feel proud of. Limit the amount of content you release, because there is such a thing as oversaturation. You have to focus on quality rather than quantity and be selective on your decisions. If you publish something try to ask yourself the following questions: “Did it serve the narrative? Is it too long? Most importantly, is it funny?”.
5. FORGE YOUR OWN PATH. 

Keep in your mind from the beginning who and what you want to be. If you have a clear picture in your mind, then it is easier to follow it, believe in yourself and leave your signature as you are reaching your goal. Lots of people want to be the next Anna Wintour, but you should try to figure out if there is something different that you can bring to the table that Wintour can’t.
6. DISCIPLINE AND SCHEDULE. Procrastination kills. Literally. It will kill your career and your reputation, so setting up organization for yourself early on will help develop a good habit that will serve you for the rest of your life.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA IS BOTH YOUR FRIEND AND ENEMY. On one hand, you have to avoid being unprofessional and on the other hand, to develop a voice and a brand for yourself. People come back for your voice, not because you give earth shattering information.
8. REMEMBER: ALWAYS KEEP A GOOD ATTITUDE BEACAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS BEING WATCHED.

 Either it is your first job, or you are making a web effort you are always being watched. And your audience (whether it is your employer or your reader) looks for good attitude. Always look to do your job well and think ahead. When I see someone who is a force for darkness in the world I don’t want to be around him because life is already too hard. I admit that I have been through bad attitude due to pressure during young age but it is something that as I grew older, I managed it.

9. BE CULTURLLY AWARE. 

Exhibitions, galleries, fashion shows, magazines, books, biographies are a must. You have to follow the flow both in the past, in the present and in the coming years. It is crucial to stay tuned to the world around you. Try to read the newspaper before you go to work in the morning or get connected to the site of Women's Wear Daily for inspiration.
10. TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SLOW DOWN. 

Yet, as in all industies there is pressure in the fashion world as well. However, you don't have to rush to this industry. Take a moment, stop and try to see things as a mature person. Try to find something in the industry that you are passionate about and work towards it. Do not panic because alone the world fashion has a stressful connotation. Do not let it consume you. Be professional and hardworking and inevitably you will find success. 

GOOD LUCK TO THE FASHION OBSESSED!!


















Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

TRUE STORY..OH BOY!

Once upon a time a little girl was born. It was beautiful, lucky, smart and funny. It was the perfect soul uphealer, a family blessing and at the same time the busybody and the helter-skelter among her sisters and her brother.  As she grew up apart from her beauty she became one of the best and smartest student. At the age of 10, she was very attractive by the opposite gender and all the boys inside the class was in love with her. She used to be the most popular girl in the class since she became president at the students elections. When the little glory at the age of 10 came to surface she was proposed by a little and smart boy to become his girlfriend.









During the parties that were organized during the class year she used to dance unstoppable with the cutest outfit of all. At home, she used to change clothes every five minutes to find the best outfit for the specific occasion. She was the happiest kid of all and she wasn't in need of something extra to be happy. She was born hap…

TOMATOKEFTEDES-FRIED SANTORINI BALLS

INGREDIENTS:
-3 TOMATOES
-1 ONION
-FLOUR
-WET AND SQUEEZED BREAD
- SPEARMINT
-OLIVE OIL
-SALT/PEPPER

PROCESSING:
-PEEL OFF THE TOMATOES AND CUT IN SMALL PIECES
-STRAIN/FLITRATE THEM   FORN30-60MIN IN ORDER TO BE MORE SOLID
-CUT THE  ONION TO LITTLE PIECES
-WE POOR ALL THE INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL AND ADD FLOUR INSIDE UNTIL IT BECOMES MUSH/PUREE-NOT VERY SOLID

ON A PAN WITH VERY HOT OLIVE OIL WE PLACE THE TOMATO BALLS AND COOK THEM BOTH SIDES TILL THEY BECOME REDISH.

ENJOY!

Yours,
Angela






-

EASY RECIPE! SOUFFLE AU CHOCOLAT BY ANGELIKI

SOUFFLE AU CHOCOLAT!

INGREDIENTS;
-3 EGGS
1/2 GLASS OF SUGAR
-1 GLASS OF FLOUR
-1 BAKING POWDER
-300GR BITTER CHOCOLATE
-1/2 BAR OF BUTTER


PROCESSING;
1. MIX EGGS WITH SUGAR
2.  ADD THE FLOUR AND BAKING POWDER
3. MELT THE CHOCOLATE AND BUTTER IN THE POT
4. PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER

PRE HEAT OVEN AT 250 CELCIUS DEGREES.

IDEALLY, SERVE WITH A SCOOP OF VANILLA ICE CREAM!

ENJOY,
YOURS,
ANGELIKI